2020 SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
The Men’s and Women’s Garden Club of Minneapolis (MWGCM) is interested in home gardening, landscaping, and environmental stewardship. We award $1,000.00 scholarships to students of horticulture, and any Minnesota student who is currently working towards a degree and career in horticulture, landscaping, or a related professional area, are encouraged to apply. Over the last twenty-five years we have awarded over $72,000.00 to students whose career goals are consistent with the interests of the members of MWGCM.
CRITERIA OF APPLICATION AND AWARD
- Student must be a resident of the State of Minnesota
- Student must be accepted or currently enrolled full-time at an accredited school in Minnesota
- Student must demonstrate career interest in areas such as gardening and landscaping consistent with the interests of home gardeners
- Applications must be postmarked no later than October 30, 2020 – a Club committee will announce the scholarship recipient(s) by November 2020
- Finalists may be interviewed at a date and location to be determined
- Financial data, age, gender, race or religion will not be considered
- Fully completed application form with answers to Questions 1-4
- A letter of recommendation from an individual (non-family) with knowledge regarding the applicant’s horticultural experience and goals
- A letter of recommendation from an individual (non-family) knowledgeable about the applicant’s personal characteristics
- Person’s name, school financial aid office, and address to which the award would be sent
- Other information the applicant deems appropriate (optional)
NOTE – Incomplete applications will not be considered!
Application must be postmarked no later than October 30, 2020 to be considered.
Applications should be mailed to the following address:
c/o M. Thomas Pulley
3852 Pleasant Avenue South
Minneapolis MN 55409