2023 SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
Since 1992 the Men’s and Women’s Garden Club of Minneapolis (MWGCM) has awarded over $83,000.00 in merit based scholarships to students of horticulture. Any Minnesota student who is currently working towards a degree and career in horticulture, landscaping, or a related professional area, is encouraged to apply.
MWGCM awarded five scholarships in 2022
- $1000 scholarship to a U of Mn student studying Plant Science and Horticultural Production.
- $1000 scholarship to a student studying Sustainable Landscaping at Central Lakes College in Brainerd.
- $1000 to a senior at the U of Mn focusing on Horticulture Production and Food Systems.
- $500 award to a Central Lakes College student studying Horticulture and Sustainable Greenhouse Production.
- $500 award to a U of Mn Twin Cities student studying Plant Science and Breeding.
CRITERIA OF APPLICATION AND AWARD
- Student must be a resident of the State of Minnesota
- Student must be accepted or currently enrolled full-time at an accredited school in Minnesota
- Student must demonstrate career interest in areas such as gardening and landscaping consistent with the interests of home gardeners
- Applications must be postmarked no later than October 30, 2023 – a Club committee will announce the scholarship recipient(s) in November 2023
- Finalists may be interviewed at a date and location to be determined
- Financial data, age, gender, race or religion will not be considered
- Fully completed application form with answers to Questions 1-4
- A letter of recommendation from an individual (non-family) with knowledge regarding the applicant’s horticultural experience and goals
- A letter of recommendation from an individual (non-family) knowledgeable about the applicant’s personal characteristics
- Name and address of your school’s financial aid officer or administrator
- Other information the applicant deems appropriate (optional)
NOTE – Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications must be postmarked no later than October 30, 2023 to be considered.
Mail applications to:
c/o M. Thomas Pulley
3852 Pleasant Avenue South
Minneapolis MN 55409