2022 SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
Since 1992 the Men’s and Women’s Garden Club of Minneapolis (MWGCM) has awarded over $79,000.00 in merit based scholarships to students of horticulture. Any Minnesota student who is currently working towards a degree and career in horticulture, landscaping, or a related professional area, is encouraged to apply.
In 2021 we awarded three $1,000 and two $500 scholarships.
- The three $1000 awards went to first time awardees studying Horticulture and Greenhouse Management, Sustainable Landscaping, and Arboriculture, Sustainable Greenhouse Production and Local Foods at Central Lakes College in Brainerd.
- The two $500 awards went to students who were awarded a second year of scholarship. One studies Plant Science and Horticulture Production at the University of Minnesota, and the other studies Sustainable Landscaping at Central Lakes College in Brainerd.
CRITERIA OF APPLICATION AND AWARD
- Student must be a resident of the State of Minnesota
- Student must be accepted or currently enrolled full-time at an accredited school in Minnesota
- Student must demonstrate career interest in areas such as gardening and landscaping consistent with the interests of home gardeners
- Applications must be postmarked no later than October 26, 2022 – a Club committee will announce the scholarship recipient(s) in November 2022
- Finalists may be interviewed at a date and location to be determined
- Financial data, age, gender, race or religion will not be considered
- Fully completed application form with answers to Questions 1-4
- A letter of recommendation from an individual (non-family) with knowledge regarding the applicant’s horticultural experience and goals
- A letter of recommendation from an individual (non-family) knowledgeable about the applicant’s personal characteristics
- Name and address of your school’s financial aid officer or administrator
- Other information the applicant deems appropriate (optional)
NOTE – Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications must be postmarked no later than October 26, 2022 to be considered.
Mail applications to:
c/o M. Thomas Pulley
3852 Pleasant Avenue South
Minneapolis MN 55409